1. “I suppose I’m quite lucky to be alive right now, but then again I’ve spent my life imbued with luck of both types. Still, some good and some bad comes from having your mother as the goddess of luck, considering the power she still has over your luck because you’re a halfling. And the opportunity to scold you, or those close to you if she needs to. It’s not something that should be taken with a pinch of salt - with me and my father, she took that opportunity to the extreme.”
2. “I hate to admit how much influence she’s had, and the amount of torment she’s put me through. So I just don’t grow close to many people, so they don’t notice.”
3. "I've just spent two minutes of my time listening to you spout utter nonsense. I'd better get those two minutes back."
4. "I don't think it's my fault that you're being an idiot."
5. "Everything would be so much easier if we saw things the same way - mine."
6. "When people saw the game of life to be to do with our godly parents pulling strings, they didn't see me coming along with the scissors."
7. "Life isn't up to fate, because Fate is corrupted with her own shortcomings."
8. "Powers - an affliction, and a blessing. It's whichever one your eyes choose to see."
9. "Bonnefoy might mean good faith, but I'm more concerned about yours."
10. "It is cowardly to hide behind a facade of power."
11. "I care about the goal more than her. She got out when the going was good. I've held my family here for nine years."
12. “Well, what use is a private jet when you have the assurance of people not leaving obstacles for you to trip at? It’s a much better asset. People dancing to your beat without even realising it, so they keep doing it and keep doing it, long after a favour has been repaid. The joys of the subconscious never cease to amaze those of us with the eye to see it.”
13. “I went out with a guy, once. He was sweet, and kind, and he wrote excellent stories. He just didn’t finish ours. Every story should end in a cliffhanger.”
14. “They all say we have a choice on how to tell sad stories. Why tell them at all, and arm them with your insecurities and hardships? Instead, just lie.”
15. “Familial connection has never been important. I haven’t seen any family that mattered to me since Dad. And that was nine years ago.”
16. “Lying is totally okay. Sometimes, lies are better for you. We all have something to hide.”
17. “I don’t rank memories, that’s just trivial.”
18. “When I have something to do, I damn well do it. Procrastination isn’t an option in this buisness.”
19. “Never sit at the corner of the table, crack a mirror, or walk under a ladder just in case a pot of pink paint falls on your head.”
20. “Life hurts. It’s precisely why you didn’t ask to be born. A lot of people wouldn’t, if given the choice. Ignorant bliss is infinitely better."